Silver Works - Make Your Own Claddagh Ring
Join Silver Works for a 2-hour workshop where you will learn how make a Claddagh Ring by learning the basic skills of goldsmithing and make your very own ring.
- Learn how to make a Claddagh Ring
- Expert guidance from the team of Goldsmiths
- Tea, Coffee and chocolate treats provided
- Acquire new and unique skills
Make Your Own Claddagh Ring
Whether you are interested in learning a new skill or you want to create something in a fun and relaxed environment, this workshop is for you.
During the class you will learn how to make your own silver Claddagh Ring.
What is a Claddagh Ring?
This is a traditional Irish ring in which a heart represents love, the crown stands for loyalty and the two clasped hands symbolize friendship.
You will begin with a Claddagh Ring strip and you will learn the basic skills of goldsmithing that will allow you to transform this into a gorgeous, made to measure Claddagh ring that you will be proud to say you made yourself.
What you will learn
You learn the basics of goldsmithing which includes;
- How to mark using a scribe and pierce your strip of silver with a jewellers saw.
- How to form a ring using pliers and a ring mandrel
- Watch it being soldered whilst being explained the process by your teacher
- How the file the ring using different size hand files
- How to texture the ring using a planishing hammer - if you want to
- Watch it being polished on a polishing motor to your chosen finish - matt or shiny!
Buy Silver Works - Make your own Claddagh Ring Tickets
Maximum 6 tickets per class - subject to availability.
Workshop duration - 2 Hours
Tea, coffee and chocolate treats provided
Please wear closed shoes
All tools and equipment, drills & aprons are provided for the duration of the course
Silver Works - 24 Drury St, Dublin, D02 V658