Howth Hike Adventure
- Enjoy a "human powered" trip around Howth.
- Learn the story behind Ireland's most reliable and beautiful port.
- Take in panoramic scenes of the East Coast of Ireland
- Join local leaders with astounding insights and entertaining tales
- Take the Dart (Dublin train service) or Dublin Bus out to Howth with your Freedom Ticket
Leave the city and visit the charming Howth village.
Take a day to immerse yourself in the wonderful atmosphere of the famous coastal village of Howth. The fresh salty air and friendly locals will add to the adventure through the ancient area along with the countless picturesque surroundings that never fail to take visitors breaths away.
The tour will kick off from the enterance of Howth Market situated opposite the train station at 12.00pm. Local tour leaders will bring the group to Howth Castle using unique trails through the heathlands and woodlands to avoid the busy crowds giving the group the opportunity to explore the area in a peaceful and memorable way. While taking in the authentic sounds and sights rich history will be uncovered in an exciting way.
Hiking to Muck Rock and other unforgettable spots visitors will discover special views of Ireland's Eye (an iconic island situated opposite Howth), the Baily Lighthouse, Lambay Island (another famous Dublin island located a little further up the coast), and plenty more to form a connection with land and sea and get the most out of the adventure. Circling back to the village the group will stroll through St. Mary's Abbey and learn the story of its founder, Viking Kind Sitric from 1042.
There will be fantastic photo opportunities throughout the adventure to remember the day out. Tour leaders encoruage everyone to indulge in the Howth hospitality and provide reccomendations for those who wish to stay on and further explore towards the village.
- Meeting point at enterance of Howth Market 12.00pm (opposite train station).
- Take that Dart train to Howth (20 minutes from Connolly Dart Station in Dublin City Centre) and the meeting point is 2 minutes walk.
- Alternatively take Dublin Bus routes H3 or No.6.
- Voucher can be presented on your smartphone
- Tour duration 3 Hours.
- Wear comfortable footwear & weather appropriate clothing.
- Snacks & drinks not included.