The Ring Of Kerry Day Tour by Train
Travel Southwest and discover what the beauty of Kerry has to offer with this day tour by train.
- Day tour to Kerry
- Tour of The Ring Of Kerry
- Return train ticket
- Coach to escort you
- Beautiful views on the Irish countryside
Ring of Kerry Day Tour by Train
- When your train leaves Heuston Rail Station it will travel in a south westerly direction heading for Kerry. Venture through the suburbs of Dublin then through the countryside of Kildare. Then travel through passed the famous racecourse, the Curragh. You will continue through Portlaoise, Thurles, Charleville and arrive then at Mallow Station where there is a change of trains before Killarney. The host will escort you the whole way so no need to worry.
- When you arrive to Killarney Station you will board the coach for the tour of the magnificent Ring of Kerry.
- During the excursion of the Ring of Kerry there are plenty of stops along the way for morning tea, lunch and a stop for photo's. You will be able to see one of Ireland's highest mountain, Carrauntouhil. One of the stops include the Kerry Bog Village Museum where visitors can get insight into what life was like in rural Ireland in the 18th century.
- Depending on the weather when you arrive in Waterville you may be able to see Skellig Islands and this is where Star Wars 'The Force Awakens' was filmed there. Plenty of photo stops will be made and a final stop at the village of Sneem.
- The tour will circle the fabulous MacGillycuddy Reeks and runs through its many passes and valleys along the shores of Dingle and Kenmare Bay.
- You will not forget the picturesque villages like Glenbeigh, Waterville and Sneem. You will return through Ladies View and through the Oakwoods of Killarney's magnificent National Park.
- At the end of the tour will be brought back to where you began the tour at Killarney Rail Station.
- At 5:35pm the train departs Killarney and heads for Dublin and there will be a change of train at Mallow. You will arrive into Dublin Heuston at 9:00pm that night.
Check-in time is 20 minutes before train is departing
Train departs at 7am
Check-in at Heuston Station where a representative will be waiting for you in a bright yellow jacket
Leave Killarney at 5:35pm
Arrive back in Dublin at 9pm
Host will guide you through the day