Glendalough & Powerscourt
What can I expect
- Day Tour visiting two favourite destinations of Dubliners
- Beautiful scenery of Dublin's south coast
- Visit Glendalough & Powerscourt Gardens
- Free Hop-on Hop-off tour tour of the city (single loop)
- Free entry into the Little Museum of Dublin (worth €8)
- Free walking tour with Dublin Historian Pat Liddy (worth €10)
- Free admission to Powerscourt Estate and gardens
- Live Commentary
- WI-FI available
- Shuttle bus available from city centre hotels
The Glendalough & Powerscourt Gardens tour brings you to visit two of the most popular tourism destinations in Ireland, both conveniently located just an hours drive from Dublin city. Enjoy stunning views from start to finish as you set off along the south coast of the city, taking in the Dublin Docklands and continuing along to Sandymount. Your Do Dublin guide will keep you entertained throughout the day with commentary on all the places you'll see, fascinating historical information, anecdotes, jokes and perhaps even a few songs!
First stop is Glendalough, a destination that’s known to every Dubliner for its idyllic beauty and serenity. Take a walk up to the lakes, visit the 6th century monastic city and Glendalough Visitor Centre or stop off in the local hotel for a spot of lunch.
The tour then continues through Wicklow, passing the picturesque town of Enniskerry before arriving at Powerscourt House and gardens. Relax in the Georgian glory of the Powerscourt Estate with gardens voted No.3 in the world by National Geographic and set within the beautiful backdrop of the Wicklow Mountains. Take a walk around and visit the Japanese gardens and pet cemetery, before stopping off in Avoca Cafe in Powerscourt House for tea and scones.
When you return to Dublin you can enjoy a complimentary city loop on the Green Hop-on Hop-off open top bus to help finish off a very memorable day.
This was a great way to spend 6.5hrs to see the Wicklow Mountains and Glendalough & Powerscourt gardens. Comfortable bus and great tour guide and driver.