Glendalough & Powerscourt
- Glendalough & Powerscourt Day Tour is currently suspended until further notice due to Covid19.
- Visit Glendalough Glacial Valley & Monastic Village
- Entrance into Powerscourt Gardens (Voted Top 3 Gardens in the world by National Geographic)
- Free City Tour Loop, Little Museum & Walking Tours
- Buy online and save!
- Kids Go Free!*
Journey with DoDublin and explore the unspoiled gems of the Ireland's Ancient East Coast. From Powerscourt, a stunning estate and gardens with a tremendous background of the Wicklow Mountains, to the glacial valley of Glendalough, with its perfectly presevered monastic village and its incredible scenery. Discover the wonders of Ireland's Garden County on an unforgettable half-day tour that you will never forget.
- Live Commentary from Dublin's Best Guides
- A stunning coastal drive taking in the Dublin Docklands, Sandymount and much more!
- Shuttle bus available from city centre hotels
- Beautiful scenery of Dublin's south coast
- Free City Tour Loop when you return
First stop is Glendalough, a destination that’s known to every Dubliner for its idyllic beauty and serenity. Take a walk up to the lakes, visit the 6th century monastic city and Glendalough Visitor Centre or stop off in the local hotel for a spot of lunch.
The tour then continues through Wicklow, passing the picturesque town of Enniskerry before arriving at Powerscourt House and gardens. Relax in the Georgian glory of the Powerscourt Estate with gardens voted No.3 in the world by National Geographic and set within the beautiful backdrop of the Wicklow Mountains. Take a walk around and visit the Japanese gardens and pet cemetery, before stopping off in Avoca Cafe in Powerscourt House for tea and scones.
When you return to Dublin you can enjoy a complimentary city loop on the Green Hop-on Hop-off open top bus & if you're still hungry for more then try the Famous Dublin Ghostbus Tour that night!
- Find out all sorts of useful information about Dublin on the DoDublin Blog
- If you'd prefer a slightly shorter (but no less spectacular) day trip, then check out our Malahide Castle & Howth Harbour Tour.
- For an alternative Wicklow Tour, check out Wild Rover's Kilkenny, Wicklow Mountains, and Glendalough Day Tour.
The Glendalough & Powerscourt Gardens tour brings you to visit two of the most popular tourism destinations in Ireland, both conveniently located just an hour's drive from Dublin City. Your Do Dublin guide will keep you entertained throughout the day with commentary on all the places you'll see, fascinating historical information, anecdotes, jokes and perhaps even a few songs!
- Departs from Dublin Bus Head Office, 59 Upper O'Connell Street. Tours Depart at 10:30 and return at 17:00
- 2 Kids under 14 go free with each paying adult. Tickets must be purchased for additional children and children 14+ years
- Offer does not apply to group booking.
- Offer only applies for full fare adult tickets and not for discount price offers such as from pigsback.com or Livingsocial.ie
This was a great way to spend 6.5hrs to see the Wicklow Mountains and Glendalough & Powerscourt gardens. Comfortable bus and great tour guide and driver.