Malahide Castle & Howth
Take the Malahide Castle & Howth day tour and discover two Dublin gems. From enchanting Malahide Castle to delightful Howth harbour and a lot more besides, this is a bus tour with a difference. Get out of the city, take in a breath of fresh air, be blown away by the scenery and sample Dublin’s best fish & chips along the way.
- Free admission and guided tour of Malahide Castle
- Shuttle bus available from city centre hotels
- Beautiful scenery of Dublin's north coast
- Tours Depart at 11:00 and return at 16:00
The tour includes a guided tour of Malahide Castle, one of the most stunning and perfectly preserved medieval castles in Ireland. Dating from the 12th century, you’ll learn about the adventures of the Talbot family who lived there for generations. Visit the extensive castle grounds and Avoca Café and clothing shop located adjacent to the castle.
Howth harbour has always been a favourite destination for Dubliners and it’s easy to see why. You can check out the fishing boats, walk the beautiful pier, observe the seals and seagulls busily vying for food and stop off for a famous Dublin “99” ice-cream.
Only an hour outside of the city, this tour is the best way to explore Dublin’s glorious north coast with entertaining commentary by your Do Dublin guide, (the best tour guides in Dublin!), who’ll give you all the local history, stories, jokes and may even share a few Dublin songs.
You get a free loop of Dublin city on the Open Top bus when you get back, & if you're still hungry for more then why not visit a haunted castle vault and a hidden city graveyard on the Ghostbus Tour that night!
- Meet the Crew
- Find out all sorts of useful information about Dublin on the DoDublin Blog
- Get 72 Hours unlimited use of the Airlink Express, as well as the Hop on Hop off tour and the entire Dublin Bus Network with our best value ticket the DoDublin Travel Card.
- Tempting though the Malahide & Howth tour may be, Check out our other great Day tour to Co. Wicklow to visit Glendalough & Powerscourt Gardens before you make up your mind!
VOUCHERS FOR TICKETS PURCHASED ONLINE MUST BE PRINTED OUT AND CANNOT BE ACCEPTED ON SMARTPHONES OR TABLETS.
Departs from Dublin Bus Head Office, 59 Upper O'Connell Street. Tours Depart at 11:00 and return at 16:00.
*2 Kids under 14 go free with each paying adult. Tickets must be purchased for additional children and children 14 years old and over.
*Offer does not apply to group booking.
*Offer only applies for full fare adult tickets and not for discount price offers such as from pigsback.com or Livingsocial.ie
My partner and I did this trip on a four day trip, to Dublin, it was lovely to get away from the enjoyable delights of Dublin City, and visit the wonderful castle of Malahide with its amazing history. Then onto the fishing port of Howth were we had a fantastic fish lunch.This was a very well organised trip with a delightful driver called Ciaran who's knowledge knew no bounds, and his enthusiasm was a delight. Great day out.